Language Training Tailored to Your Needs
The ability to communicate effectively with your international colleagues, partners and customers in today’s global marketplace is essential.
Whether you need one-off, intensive language training, regular assistance or just a nudge in the right direction, Language Matters can help you.
Bespoke Training Programmes
No one client is the same. We take time to understand your business and the requirements of each participant, so that the language training will be tailored to fit your business and language needs.
So whether you need French for communicating with the parent company in Paris, German for your technical support team in Warsaw or Japanese for taking up a new role in Tokyo, your course will be designed so that you and your team acquire the language you need to be effective in your roles.
We run individual, departmental and company-wide training programmes to suit your requirements and budget. Most of our clients opt for a weekly 1.5 hour session, but more intensive options are available. The maximum recommended number of people per group is four.
All Languages and Levels
We offer training in all European and most world languages. All levels are catered for, from total beginners to advanced.
Our clients approach us for a variety of reasons. Some just need the basics to “survive” when travelling abroad, find their way around a menu and exchange social niceties, adding credibility and building rapport. Others are keen to converse fluently, deliver presentations and conduct meetings in the target language. Whatever your requirement, we are here to help you achieve your goals.
A Flexible Approach
In your office or by video-conference
The majority of our clients opt for face-to-face training at their office in the UK or abroad. However, for those who travel or find it difficult to attend in the office, we offer alternative methods of delivery. Training via video-conference has become increasingly popular, as it allows for increased flexibility. We have clients who travel three weeks in four and others who are not office-based, and learning virtually is the perfect solution for them.
Training using video-collaboration is also ideal for training geographically-dispersed teams. It’s economic, environmentally friendly and can be just as effective as the conventional approach.
Weekly or by appointment
Training sessions can be set up on a regular basis, but with the option to rearrange your session should you need to, or on an appointment basis whereby you book your sessions from week to week around your diary.
Times to suit you
We appreciate that your time is at a premium and, should you find it difficult to schedule the training into your working day, you can learn before work, after work, in the evening or even at weekends. We recognise that there may be weeks when you have to miss a session due to overseas travel or work commitments. This doesn’t mean that you won’t be able to progress. If you are learning in a group and have to miss a session, your trainer will share details of work covered with you, so that you can catch up in your own time.
Choose from a range of delivery methods
We recommend 1-2-1 training for those who:
- have very specific requirements
- would find it difficult to commit to a regular group session
The training can be face to face, virtual or a combination of both – whatever works for you!
Ideal for those who have a similar level of proficiency and business objectives.
A cost-effective way of training a number of employees.
Can be delivered onsite at your office or via video-conference.
Highly personalised, effective training.
Combines language and culture.
Progress can continue through on-going training in the home country.
Combine instructor-led training with self-directed learning.
All our clients are supported throughout the learning process. You have access to our online resources (selected languages) and electronic helpline. You can also email your trainer with any questions.
How will we work with you?
We will work closely with you to establish your language and business needs and to tailor the course to your specific requirements and learning objectives.
We carefully select the trainer who will be the perfect fit with you. We will keep in touch, providing regular updates on your progress and reviewing your training with you to ensure that you are happy with your course and your progress.
- Meet you to understand your business and language/cultural training needs
- Individual delegates complete a training needs analysis
- Delegates complete an online diagnostic test and speaking skills assessment
- Devise programme of training tailored to those specific needs
- Carefully select the most appropriate trainer(s) to deliver the programme
- Clients are supported throughout the learning process via our electronic helpline and online resources (selected languages)
- Monitor delegate progress and provide regular feedback
- Review the programmes on a regular basis with the client
- Provide end of course report outlining your achievements in each of the four skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing
- Clients to complete mid-course and end of course evaluations to establish whether any changes are required and to ensure client satisfaction
- HR & L&D teams can access the client area on the website to monitor delegate progress and access course management information
Your trainer will monitor your progress throughout, providing regular feedback and an end-of-course report.
Formal assessments can be conducted as required and feedback given to the manager responsible/training department.
Your language proficiency level will be determined in relation to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). The CEFR has become the common standard for defining language proficiency levels and interpreting language qualifications not just in Europe, but worldwide. It describes language ability on a scale of levels, from A1 for beginners up to C2 for those who have complete mastery of a language.
Click here to learn more about the Council of Europe’s Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Gain a Recognized Qualification
The decision on whether to take a recognized qualification is entirely up to the company and the individual. Many clients like to see evidence of employee progress; others are happy to see the on-going benefits in improved day-to-day communications with business partners, customers and international colleagues.
If you do decide to opt for an internationally recognized qualification, we can prepare you for:
- the full range of Cambridge English exams. https://www.cambridgeenglish.org/exams-and-tests/qualifications/business/
- the French Ministry of National Education’s DELF (Diplôme d’Etudes de Langue Française) and DALF (Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française)
- the Goethe Institute exams for German https://www.goethe.de/en/spr/kup/prf.html
- the Spanish DELE https://www.dele.org/ (Diplomas de Español como Lengua Extranjera), the official diplomas issued by the Instituto Cervantes on behalf of the Spanish Ministry of Education.
Course Management – Monitoring the Training Online
We work closely with our clients to provide regular feedback. HR and Training Managers can access our password-protected, online reporting system to monitor training activity. Your HR or Training Department will be able to access general course information, diagnostic tests, attendance records, progress reports, course evaluations and details of any qualifications achieved.
If you would like to talk to us about how we can help you achieve your language goals, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click below.