This leading London University held a two day workshop on infectious disease epidemiology and modelling.
They had invited a delegate from Madagascar who would require a French-English interpreter so that she could participate fully in the workshop.
- We appointed an interpreter who was experienced in working with medical content.
- Given the highly specialist nature of the assignment, we requested advance copies of the slides and supporting documentation.
- The interpreter prepared and familiarised herself with the highly detailed subject-specific terminology.
- At the last minute the delegate was unable to travel and she attended by video conference.
- Our interpreter quickly adapted to the situation and provided seamless interpreting support by Skype.
- The delegate was delighted with the quality of the interpreter and was able to participate fully in the workshop, despite the added complexity of the virtual participation.